If you are just hearing about CBD and want to know CBD’s real history and factual effects of it, then you are landing at the right place.
In this guide, we deliver Know Your CBD as an easy to understand solution from its introduction to its use for helping the beginners to learn about the key values and history of CBD.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol CBD is one of the 100+ chemical compounds found in the flower of a cannabis plant. The cannabis plant has an amazing history as a medicine and used to cure different symptoms of thousands of years. In modern times, its therapeutic behavior is briefly tested, experimented, and confirmed by a number of scientists and medical professionals around the world.
CBD is a close relative of another active phytocannabinoid named as tetrahydrocannabinol, THC, which fabricates the highness. These two elements are most studied by scientists to date. But unlike THC, CBD is a non-psychoactive substance which allows getting the ultimate benefits without having the feeling of getting high.
CBD helps in treating multiple severe medical conditions like chronic pain, mental disorders, and multiple sclerosis. CBD alone helps in the treatment of a variety of medical conditions and researchers appreciates its contribution because it is clear that CBD really works.
A versatile Compound:
Most of the people are looking for a substitute for medicines that have different side effects. Know your CBD, CBD is a versatile molecule which provides an amazing relief for anxiety, chronic pain, depression, inflammation, and many other severe medical conditions.
After a number of experiments and researches along with getting the reviews from the patients and medical professionals, it is acknowledged that CBD is helpful for the treatment of a wide range of medical abnormalities including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation.
- Metabolic syndrome like diabetes.
- Colitis like gut disorders.
- A cardiovascular disorder like arrhythmia.
- Skin diseases like psoriasis and acne.
- Epilepsy, brain & heart stroke, and other neurological conditions.
Besides all the uses, it also provides neuroprotective effects and its anti-cancer behavior has experimented in various research centers in the US. At the end of 2010, a german psychologist stated that “CBD stimulates neurogenesis”.
How CBD works:
THC and CBD collaborate with a human’s body in various ways. It contains a lot of medical properties like anti-inflammatory which allows reducing anxiety, stress, and pain. The most common way of its effects is it interconnects with compounds of our body named Endogenous Cannabinoid. These endocannabinoids are produced by our brain and part of our regulatory system which is known as the endocannabinoid system.
The first receptor was discovered in 1988 in a rat’s brain and after two years the second cannabinoid receptor was discovered as a part of the central nervous system in 1993. After further researches and experiments, it is discovered that these receptors are found not only in animals but also hundreds of species including mankind.
The endocannabinoid system helps in controlling various psychological processes like blood pressure, glucose metabolism, blood pressure, hunger, mood, and stress. If the endocannabinoid system does not work properly, then it may cause serious diseases like mental problems, memory loss, and many other severe health problems.
After a lot of questions regarding the healing power of CBD, in June 2018 the U.S. FDA approved cannabidiol as medicine when they approve Epidiolex (A pure medical CBD formulation) for the treatment of two severe diseases Lennox syndrome and Dravet syndrome.
This was approved the first time after a long 80 years of the ban and the federal government of America given official approval for a cannabis based medicine. In the reaction of this decision by FDA, the Drug Enforcement Administration DEA classified Epidiolex directly as Schedule V drug from Schedule I.
The DEA kept the marijuana plant and CBD itself as an illegal drug. According to them Epidiolex the pharmaceutical cannabidiol is the only cannabinoid which is good and the remaining plant remains destructive.
The individuals who can’t afford the medical prescribed CBD there are a huge variety of hemp-derived oil products in various forms. Including cream, salves, tinctures, sprays, and capsules and you can use them in different ways.
Products containing CBD oil and flowers varies in levels of THC and CBD. These oil products are available for vaporizing and smoking also at multiple cannabis dispensaries where herbs are legalized for therapeutic uses.
The growing awareness of CBD as a powerful aid for overcoming multiple health issues makes a chart of happiness. But there is also the propagation of misinterpretation about cannabidiol and cannabis therapeutics. So, it is recommended to consult with your doctor before starting taking CBD for any of the medical purposes.
Things to consider before buying CBD based product:
That’s all with our beginner’s guide. Hope you enjoyed our CBD guide and you get all the information you needed to start learning about CBD.
- Many people are now aware of CBD and consider using it in treating multiple medical conditions. Here we provide some tips which you should consider before buying CBD and for using CBD safely.
- Is CBD legal in your region:
- Be aware of that before consulting about CBD with your doctor
- Where was the plant grown: Some farmers use pesticides and herbicides to protect the crop against fungi and insects which can be harmful to you. Chose products that are chemical and pesticide free.
- How much THC is included in the product: If you are tested for drugs at work or a machinery operator then you should consider a minimum THC level. Cloud Nine CBD products contain zero THC.
- How much CBD is in the product: You must know about the level and concentration of CBD in the product before using it. Sometimes the company hides the information regarding the concentration, so don’t take any of the product which does not include the formula and concentration level of CBD.
- Consult with your doctor or physician: Doctors are well aware of all the drugs and supplements including CBD for providing the best care of their patients. So, you should consult with your doctor before taking it.
Becautious if you’re nursing or pregnant: Always consult your physician before changing or adding in different medicines or supplements.
- Get the higher quality CBD: Higher quality always cost more. So you should consider a high quality product and don’t compromise with your health.